MICHELLE GRIFFIN COLLECTION AFTERCARE INFORMATION
Thank you for choosing to have your hair extensions professionally applied and cared for by your chosen Michelle Griffin Academy Collection trained salon. Follow our aftercare advice to maintain your hair extensions, giving them and your own hair the best possible treatment and keeping your locks in tip top condition, looking and feeling amazing.
- Wait 24/48hrs after hair extension attachment before shampooing
- Never wash hair in hot water
- Apply moisturising shampoo not protein based
- Gently massage scalp with fingertips using light up and down motion
- Do not rub or twist the wet hair as this can lead to tangling
- Squeeze shampoo through from roots to ends
- Rinse thoroughly
- Repeat as necessary
With a whole head of extensions, washing your hair will take longer. Take your time, do not rush and do not be surprised by any extra weight to your hair.
- After washing with a moisturising shampoo:
- Apply protein free conditioner to wet hair
- Using gentle finger strokes, smooth and condition through mid-lengths and ends, avoiding the extension attachments
- Leave conditioner on for 3-5 minutes then rinse thoroughly
- Always use a leave in conditioner to avoid pulling and stretching hair.
Drying and styling your hair extensions
- Always squeeze/pat hair dry
- Do not rub of use any vigorous motions
- Always separate extensions at the root before drying
- Divide hair into sections for blow-drying and blow-dry on a cooler setting
- Dry the scalp area/roots first especially the attachments
- Be gentle – excessive tension could cause loss of hair extensions. Always support the attachment
- Avoid brushing over the seals and pulling on the extension hair as wet hair stretches and can break
- Be advised by your Extensionist on styling products
- Curling Irons and straighteners can be used but avoid applying excessive heat
- Always use heat protection spray before using heat appliances
- Avoid clamping attachments as these will break down.
- Brush carefully and daily using a bristle brush
- Use hairdryers at a low/med heat
- Do not leave extension hair to dry in a ponytail
- Tie long hair back in a loose nape ponytail whilst sleeping.
Removing or rotating your hair extensions
- A four to six week appointment service will be needed to move attachments that have grown down and replaced back up to the root
- This avoids matting and damage, allowing you to wear extensions for longer and eliminating any potential damage to your natural hair
- Taped Hair last up to 6-8 weeks
- Pre-bonded Hair last up to 12 weeks
- Micro Link Hair last up to 12 weeks.
Michelle Griffin Academy Collection will not accept responsibility for any tinting applied by freelance stylists, home colours or salons. Certain hair products can damage extension hair. Technicians must always take a test piece.