For students completing their NVQ 2. A programme designed to run alongside the National qualifications, it includes basic hair extension training on two methods available within Griffin’s Salon.
The period will cover up to 18 months’ learning and they will gain salon floor experience and a basic knowledge of hairdressing and include hair extension application and a removal as well as all units required to complete NVQ 2.
This programme will cover everything from customer service up to cutting techniques and completion of NVQ 2.
- NVQ 2 in Hairdressing
- Health and Safety
- Customer Service
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Style and finish
- Set and dress hair
- Basic extension application and removal on two methods
- Theory Knowledge
- Salon floor experience
Must achieve minimum of 6 credits:
- Reception Duties (3 credits)
- Promote services/products (6 credits)
- Maintain effectiveness at work (3 credits)
- Plait and twist hair (4 credits)
- Perming (8 credits)
- Attach hair (3 credits)
- Access to outside
- Master classes and Seminars